Monday, January 29, 2007

Iffy The Cat and Portland's, The Joggers


NOTE: Justin's new designs are now up for sale on our website!











I finally finished "Iffy The Cat", a custom clock I've been working on for a friend of Jonah's (our six year old son). It's very bright and design-y, with a swinging tail and I'm really happy with how it turned out!


On Saturday, Justin dragged me out to a live show at BERBATI'S PAN. I mean dragged, not in the sense that I don't enjoy live music, but in the sense that I firmly believe if I'm out past midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin (a referendum on my thirty-something-mom status perhaps).

Anyway, Justin and I are going to do a joint blog about THE JOGGERS, a local indie band that, I must say, ROCKS! I'm soo glad I went! I managed to snap a few shots from the left of the stage and I even got a few good ones of the drummer way in the back - once the lady with the blonde ponytail and camera left, that is. But, I'm not really a music critic, so I will leave the rest to Justin.


Justin: I love synchronicity, and the fact that Portland's The Joggers were playing a show minutes from our house just as my obsession over their album "With a Cape and a Cane" was peaking, made me very happy! I don't get out to shows as much as I would like these days, but this one made up for that in a "quality over quantity" kind of way. Their sound reminds me of a long-ago favorite band of mine called Polvo from Chapel Hill, NC- but updated and chanelled through their own strange and wonderful prism. Cheers, Joggers!
Mary: One more thing - my personal favorite of the evening was drummer, Jake Morris, who was a pleasure to watch. He's an incredible drummer, and whether he knows it or not, a great performer as well. I apologize for the less than flattering photo, but I'm attempting to convey this guy's awesome energy and intensity!
Fun, fun!

1 comment:

Ecoleeko said...

I Love your Iffy the cat clock!!!!..kinda reminds me of a song I once heard..hmmmm Very cool and brightly colored!