Monday, February 25, 2008

Custom Wall Clocks For Children - Joshie's Giraffe


After making this giraffe wall clock (more about that later), I wanted to write a little bit about children's wall clocks. While I have made many custom children's wall clocks over the years and, up until recently, offered a line of children's wall clocks through our website, I decided recently that I would no longer offer the line. The main reason being that the clocks are so jigsaw intensive to cut out that I have to price them too high. Instead, I intend to include a small section of photos of the children's clocks that I've made as a portfolio of my style of children's clock.

Joshie's Giraffe is the first children's clock I've made in a very long time, so I'm excited about it and want to show it off. I made it for a baby friend of mine, whose nursery has a jungle theme. The clock is made using sdf (sustainable design board) made from 100% recycled wood pulp and painted with milk paints (voc-free). Earth-friendly equals baby-friendly! It is painted a pumpkin orange with chocolate brown, rich red-orange and cream accents. It has lots of little handpainted design details as well as handpainted numbers on the face for easy readability at the 4am diaper change.

Here are a few more shots, including close-up, detail images - enjoy! And, contact me if you would like to have a wall clock made for your child's room.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
thank you for sharing with us Joshie's Giraffe
very nice design
well done!
Anat

Troy Glennon said...

I would very much like if you could make one more Giraffe clock for us. We just added a 3-year old classroom called Gentle Giraffes in our childcare center Little Treasures www.LTLC.net please email me if you would do such and how much to have it sent to us in Edison, NJ.

Troy Glennon at littletreasureslc@yahoo.com