Monday, April 30, 2007

Free Handmade Baby Bibs in Portland Oregon

I've done it! I've made my first set of free handmade baby bibs (though there may be a cup of coffee exchanged at some point). That's right - they're free. I'm experimenting with a "happy accidents" style of embroidery design. My guess (having had a baby myself almost 7 years ago) is that most babies only wear bibs for a year or so, so if the embroidery designs can withstand a year's worth of frequent encounters with the washing machine plus normal wear and tear (I'll spare any descriptions), everyone should be happy - mom, baby and me (the designer)!

Like the last set of bibs, these are traditional baby boy blue with alternating off-white. Both fabrics are super soft corduroy and the center thread designs are done in medium blue heavy cotton canvas.

Here are the design details of the sailboat and "big heart" designs...


My next project is an art clock for the children's hospital in Boston, MA. Hope to have a post about it later this week. If not, Justin & I will be in Hawaii May 6 - 13 for a belated honeymoon...sans Jonah (Justin and I's 7-year-old)....so it'll be after that before I post again....yes, I'm excited!!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Ecoleeko said...

ALOHA!!!!!!I'm totally Jealous!! Take lots of pics!!Have a great time!
Love S